Online Kyoto Convention - 1 year access
The Revised Kyoto Convention is now available online !
The WCO Council adopted the revised Kyoto Convention as the blueprint for modern and efficient Customs procedures in the 21st century. Once implemented widely, it will provide international commerce with the predictability and efficiency that modern trade requires. The Revised Kyoto Convention elaborates several key governing principles- chief among these are the principles of:
- transparency and predictability of Customs actions;
- standardization and simplification of the goods declaration and supporting documents;
- simplified procedures for authorized persons;
- maximum use of information technology;
- minimum necessary Customs control to ensure compliance with regulations;
- use of risk management and audit based controls;
- coordinated interventions with other border agencies;
- partnership with the trade.